The LFC is a fully enclosed automatic composting machine that disposes of most food matter within 24 hours. Once it is installed, you can add waste food at any time and only decomposed food is discharged into the waste water.
Water is injected into the machine to maintain equilibrium for the microorganisms, to rapidly decompose the food, and to fl ush decomposed material out of the machine. A rotating arm inside the machine slowly churns the waste food to constantly mix the old food, new food, oxygen, and microorganisms to enhance the decomposing function..
- Greatly reduces costs to dispose of waste food
- Reduces size, quantity, and smells of trash bins
- Eliminates fl ies and rodents that may be attracted to garbage bins containing waste food
- Saves time and injuries of employees carrying trash outdoors
- Weigh and dispose of waste food in one machine
- Waste food does not go to landfi ll where it creates methane
- Easily report CO2 equivalent diverted from landfill
- Key element in making a facility have zero waste
- Payback is typically 6 to 24 months
- Signifi cantly reduces carbon footprint of business
The LFC can be used to improve operations and save money at a variety of facilities that have waste food including:
- Hotels and resorts
- Corporate and university cafeterias
- Restaurants and highway service centers
- Theme parks, convention centers, and stadia
- Hospitals and nursing homes
- Military canteens
- Bakeries and caterers
- Supermarkets and food distribution centers
- Cruise ships and oil tankers
- Remote camps for mining and humanitarian aid
- Island properties
- Decomposes waste food at your facility
- Food is decomposed within 24 hours
- Continuous process permits food to be added any time and machine doesn’t need emptying
- Discharge from machine is safe to enter sewage system
- Can be installed in kitchen or work area
- All stainless steel construction
- Simple and safe operation
- Color touch screen interface
- Weight of waste is continuously monitored and reported shows statistics on usage and waste food digested
- Incorporates comprehensive diagnostics and service schedules
- Connects to the cloud so statistics on usage, diagnostics, and service schedules can be monitored remotely
- Air-tight tank provides quiet and odor-free operation
- Three year warranty
- World wide sales, service, and support
How it works
The LFC uses a series of processes in which microorganisms break down biodegradable material in the presence of oxygen. The environment of the LFC, with our proprietary mixture of microbes and enzymes, accelerates the digestion of most food products and bio-plastics within 24 hours. The output is grey water that is environmentally safe. You can discharge this down the drain or use it to enrich your landscape.
The LFC is a practical alternative to the traditional disposal of waste food. Anything you can eat, including fruits, vegetables, meat, fi sh, cheese, bread, rice, and noodles can go into the LFC. The machine can compost both raw and cooked foods. The process is totally green because it uses no chemicals.
As one of earths’ oldest processes, composting is the most eff ective means of stabilizing and converting biodegradable waste. The waste food is not being chopped but it is decomposed to such a degree that it becomes a liquid and can exit the machine only through a fi ne mesh screen. The rich by-product is therefore safe and replenishes nature.
Saving the Planet
When waste food is discarded in a landfi ll, it degrades as an anaerobic process (in the absence of oxygen). This decomposition produces methane (CH4) which is 72 times worse for the atmosphere in the short term than carbon dioxide (CO2). The eff ect of this on global warming is huge, because the largest part of garbage sent to landfi lls in the U.S. is waste food. Further, the decomposition smells and can cause health problems. Discarding 100kg (220 lb) of waste food per day causes the equivalent of 153 tonne of CO2 per year to be sent to the atmosphere.
The decomposition inside the LFC is an aerobic process (in the presence of oxygen). This produces CO2 and water in a natural manner that is accelerated in the machine. This natural process is carbon neutral because the carbon was taken from the atmos phere to produce the food in the fi rst place. The LFC uses minimal electricity; for example, production of the electricity used by an LFC-100 causes about 2.1 tonne of CO2 per year.
The LFC is constantly digesting the waste and you can add waste food at any time. Simply open the door, throw it in, and close the door. In this way, you can view the LFC as a bottomless bucket.
The motor on the LFC won’t run while the door is open for safety. Your operation can be streamlined because large bins and plastic bags are no longer needed to hold waste food. Instead, smaller bins are used that help avoid injuries to employees.